PRIVACY NOTICE & POLICY
CONTROLLER OF THE PERSONAL DATA FILE
Brandname: Marja Rak
(hereinafter referred to as “MR”)
Tel: +358 50 589 0095
1. CONTROLLER’S CONTACT PERSON
Studio Marja Rak
Tel: + 358 50 589 0095
2. NAME OF THE PERSONAL DATA FILE IN THE ORIGINAL LANGUAGE (FINNISH) AND IN ENGLISH
MR internetsivujen käyttäjien ja uutiskirjeen tilaajien asiakasrekisteri perustuen asiakassuhteeseen ja muuhun asialliseen yhteyteen.
The customer register of the users of MR’s website and the subscribers of MR’s newsletter. The register is based on customer relationship and other relevant connection
4. TO WHAT PURPOSES DO WE PROCESS YOUR DATA?
The purposes of processing your personal data are the following (one or more purposes may apply simultaneously):
Managing and analyzing the customer relationship
MR may use your personal data for managing, analyzing and improving the customer relationship with you.
Providing and developing services
MR may use your personal data for providing services for you, for example when you use our digital services, subscribe to our newsletters and participate in events.
Managing and developing business operations
MR may use your personal data to manage and develop MR’s business operations.
Communication with you
MR may use your personal data to communicate with you, for example to send you alerts relating to our services or the products and services of our co-operation partners, to inform you that our services have changed and to ask for your feedback on our products and services.
Marketing to you
MR may contact you to inform you of new products, services or promotions MR and its co-operation partners may offer. MR may use your personal data to personalize our offering and to provide you with more relevant content. This means for example making recommendations and to display customized content and advertising in our services and in third party services.
Marketing surveys, opinion polls and gallups
MR may use your personal data and information in order to ask your opinions when organizing marketing surveys, polls or gallups.
5. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
Content of MR personal data file may include the following types of data and changes made to these data types:
6.1 BASIC INFORMATION OF ALL DATA SUBJECTS
first and last name
contact data (postal address, e-mail address, telephone and fax numbers)
with respect to corporate customers, necessary information concerning the workplace of the contact persons
In addition to the above specified basic information MR may process the following subcategories of personal data of you.
6.2 INFORMATION RELATED TO CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP AND OTHER RELEVANT CONNECTION AS WELL AS USE OF SERVICES AND CONTENT, SUCH AS
• possible registration date concerning MR services (e.g. customer number, user ID and password)
• interests and other information provided by you information relating to managing a customer relationship and other relevant connection (e.g. complaints, feedback and recording of customer service telephone calls) content, correspondence and consequences related to feedback and complaints direct marketing choices campaigns and promotions directed to you, as well as their use information of the use of MR’s digital services as well as digital content created by you
• technical data sent to MR by your digital devices (such as computers and mobile devices) as well as information related to cookies and other similar technologies information received from social media service providers, such as your basic profile data, location and contact lists within a service permissions, consents and prohibitions regarding direct marketing direct marketing measures directed to you as well as information on how you have exploited the directed marketing measures relevant information related to the organization or participation in the event
7. WHERE DO WE GATHER YOUR PERSONAL DATA FROM?
Most of the information is collected from you and information is provided by you when using our website, products and services or when subscribing our newsletter.
Personal data can also be collected and updated from MR’s other data files and those of its cooperation partners. In addition, your personal data and its updates are obtained from authorities and companies offering personal data updating services, social media service companies, public directories and other public sources of information.
Cookies enable the processing of hits and other service-related information. The information obtained enables the functioning of the service to be analyzed and improved to provide the user with a better and more individualized experience. The information collected may also be used to target marketing likely to correspond to the interests of the user within and outside the service, for example, by utilising retargeting.
9. IS YOUR DATA REGULARLY SHARED WITH OTHERS?
MR does not sell, lease or otherwise disclose your personal data to third parties unless otherwise stated below.
MR may share your personal data on the basis of valid order from a court or other official body with sufficient authority.
MR may share your personal data as part of any merger, acquisition, sale of company assets or transition of service to another provider. This also applies in the unlikely event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which your personal data would be transferred to another entity as a result of such a proceeding.
10. IS YOUR DATA TRANSFERRED TO COUNTRIES OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN UNION OR THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA?
Your personal data is not generally transferred outside the European Union or European Economic Area unless it is necessary for the purpose of processing data or technical implementation. In this case MR is responsible for ensuring compliance with the requirements of the personal data legislation.
11. THE PRINCIPLES OF SECURING THE DATA
MR has established electronic and administrative safeguards designed to make the information collected secure. All processed documents containing your personal data are protected against unauthorized access. Your personal data is not processed manually.
Only appointed personnel of MR and of organizations operating by MR assignment or on behalf of MR are entitled to use the personal data file application. All persons processing the application have a personal right of use based on the data a person needs according to his/her job description.
The system is protected with a fire-wall which protects it from contacts outside of MR.
12. HOW LONG DO WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
MR may process your personal data in this personal data file for as long as the customer relationship or other comparable relationship between you and MR exists, as well as for a reasonable time thereafter. MR may process your personal data for tax or legal purposes as long as necessary.
After the above specified timeframe has ended, MR may process part of your personal data in its direct marketing registers according to applicable legislation.
13. YOUR RIGHT OF ACCESS, CORRECTION AND PROHIBITION
You have a right of access to the data concerning you in MR’s personal data files. The request for right of access shall be made in writing to the contact person of the personal data file. The request for the right of access must be signed. The request for right of access can also be presented at the main office of MR with verification of identity.
You have the right to prohibit MR from processing your personal data for purposes of direct advertising, distance selling, other direct marketing and market research and opinion polls and the right to demand correction of an erroneous data by contacting the controller’s contact person.
14. CHOICE OF LAW AND THE RIGHT TO LODGE A COMPLAINT TO THE SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY AND THE CONTACT DETAILS OF THE SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY
The processing of this personal data file is governed by the laws of Finland.
In case you suspect a breach of data protection legislation and the matter is not solved amicably between you and MR in negotiations, you may contact the Finnish Data Protection authority at Data Protection Ombudsman’s Office, P.O. Box 800, 00514 Helsinki, Finland.